Level 3 Physics
Teacher in Charge: Mr S. Tsai
Recommended Prior Learning
Two external passes at Level 2 Physics or HOF approval.
Physics is the study of the physical world around us, including motion of objects, forces, gravity, and electromagnetism. Knowledge of Physics is a requirement for entry to university courses in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Structural, Civil, and Electrical), Architectural Design, and Surveying.
- Experimental Methods: Measurement and analysis of physical systems. Accuracy and reliability of data.
- Mechanical System: Translational, Rotational, and Simple Harmonic Motion.
- Electrical Systems: Direct Current electricity, Electromagnetic Induction, Capacitors, and Alternating Current electricity.
- Wave Systems: Standing Waves, Interference Patterns, and the Doppler Effect.
- Atom, Photons, and Nuclei: An Introduction to Quantum Physics and Relativity.