St John's College (Hillcrest)
Welcome to SchoolPoint, the online system for course planning for 2020. As in 2019, all of our course planning is online. Use the menu to the left to find out about our options process (including all deadlines), a summary of our pathways in addition to information on how to choose subjects and relevant NCEA information for those entering/in the senior school.
How to use the online course planning system (SchoolPoint)
You will have received an email reminding your of your log on to use the school point course planning system. Your username is your studentid # (found on your student ID card) along with your Kamar password. The email explains in detail how to use the system. Make sure you read it.
A PDF SCHOOLPOINT USER GUIDE FOR STUDENTS CAN BE FOUND HERE
1. If any compulsory subjects are listed, these must be decided upon and selected first before you can start making your subject choices.
2. You must select your courses in your preference order, it is important that you do this so that we know your course priorities (these can be updated but compulsory courses must be listed as first priorities)
3. You will not be able to select your backup choice until all of your subject choice lines have been completed. If you change your mind on a course, go onto the course page, remove it from your options which frees up the line, allowing you to select an alternative.
4. Once choices are complete, go to your course selection page, check subjects and priorities
5. You must click on complete my courses to tell us that you have completed the process.
6. And finally - finish by completing your career plan (accessed via The Dashboard), remembering to save plan when finished.
Don't forget to update your profile with your personal email and mobile number.