Level 2 Music
Teacher in Charge: Mrs D. McHugh
This course is composed of internal Music Achievement Standards. Music 2.9 may contribute towards Level 1 Literacy. Students will pursue performance, song writing, composition and research. Formal tutition on a choosen instrument is required throughout the year.
End of course assessment criteria:
• Performance is assessed at four year’s formal tuition.
• Research is assessed at Year 12 or Level 2 Literacy.
• Song writing and composition is assessed at three years in classroom Music (Years 10 to 12).
Year 12 Music pathway:
• Provides opportunity for developing music skills including performance and music writing
• Is a significant phase of music education through the NCEA journey,
• Provides a deeper understanding and appreciation of music for life beyond school and into the community, and
• Prepares students for prerequisites into further and tertiary education.
Recommended Prior Learning
Level 1 Music or similar, or three years formal instrument tuition that is on going. Teacher recommendation.
Total Credits Available: 23 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 23 credits.
Term: 1, Week: 10
Term: 3, Week: 7
Term: 2, Week: 5
Term: 3, Week: 9
Term: 3, Week: 8